Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dirty Talk on Radio - are you SIRIUS!? Yodetta joins us....

The other day, I turned on my car radio for the first time in weeks. I have Sirius/XM Satellite radio in my car - which means I can listen to pretty much whatever kind of music/talk show/etc. I want to.

When the music stations (50s, 60s, 70s) aren't playing what I want to hear, I switch to my #6 button, which is Blue Collar Radio.

You know: Bill Engvall ("here's your sign"), Jeff Foxworthy ("you know you're a redneck when..."), Larry the Cable Guy ("gitterdone!") and, probably my favorite, Ron White ("they call me Tater Salad").

ANYway, imagine my surprise when, instead of "you know you're a redneck when...," I heard some REALLY RAUNCHY SEX TALK coming out of my radio when I hit Button #6!
Sirius Radio had changed the locations of all their shows (button-wise), and now a show called Spice Radio had taken over Button #6 - with Adult Stories, Sex Talk, and other generally sort of interesting in a really sordid way stuff.

I turned it on for Eliza and Brian on our way home from The Bar last night, and they laughed and laughed.

We like to listen to Blue Collar Radio on trips, so, on our trip to visit the in-laws tomorrow, I'll be taking a copy of the NEW station locations so I can
reprogram Button #6

Either that, or we'll be driving down the turnpike saying OMG! and "can they DO that?" and "can they SAY that on RADIO?" all the way to the in-laws.

The mind boggles.
~~~
Yodetta!
Yodetta: Eliza gave Brian an early Father's Day gift - a scrawny little tortoiseshell kitty. She looks about 6 or 7 weeks old. A friend found her yelling her head off in a field.

She has lots of personality, and is fearless...
...Brian already adores her.

Moggie doesn't adore her yet, but is sort of interested in her; although she runs away hissing when Yodetta walks up to her.

If Moggie doesn't slap her down once or twice, Yodetta is going to grow up thinking she has The Power. Or, I guess I should say, The Force.*

Moggie slinking around looking for Yodetta
Yep, a few ounces of Apparently I Rule The Roost has come to live with us.

Yodetta's name is a combination of Yoda (cuz she looked like him in the picture above, the first picture we saw of her) and Odetta, a singer we like.

So far, we call her Yodetta, Yodie, and YO! Detta.



She's no Binky, but she's a great YO! Detta!

Hugs/mj
Yodetta in Binky's bed. She just took it. It's hers now.
*"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker
Moggie looking cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment