Monday, April 25, 2011

On Wednesday I start colonoscopy prep.

Sigh. Yes, once you're over 50 you have to have the occasional colonoscopy. My 2nd one is coming up on Thursday - which means that Wednesday is the Fun Day of Preparation.

If you haven't had your colonoscopy yet, it's not real horrible, just a little bit horrible - being that, from the afternoon before, you're tied to the bathroom.
Don't leave home! Don't pass GO (but you will be passing Something Else!) and don't collect $200. But don't go to Jail either; I don't think their "facilitah" would be conducive to good bowel cleansing.

Clear liquid diet starting at noon. Vodka's a clear liquid. I guess beer is, too. Good thing I like water.

Starting around 1 p.m. on the day before (that would be WEDNESDAY for me), you have to drink this stuff (see picture). It has Flavor Packets. I can choose between Pineapple, Orange, Lemon-Lime and Cherry. Hmmmm.

l think I'll try the Pineapple.

I'm looking forward to it. Really! It'll be fun!

After my first colonoscopy a couple of years ago, my husband asked me where I'd like to go for lunch. Being a fool, I selected a local place that sells ribs. Do you have any idea what ribs do to a digestive system that has had only liquids for 24 hours? Not pretty at all. I'm not going to do that this time. I think we'll just go home following the procedure and maybe I'll have some Jell-o or Ginger Ale...or beer.

And I'll rest up. You gotta rest up after being attacked up your pooper. It's not really normal to have metallic objects up in that area (at least so FAR up it), so your body has to readjust in many different ways - one of them probably being the guts getting back into their old comfortable position after having a camera and whatever followed it messing around in there.

So, ANYway, hmmmm. That's all I have to say about that. For the moment. I'll probably have more to say about it on Thursday. Stay tuned. 

By the way and as a side note - by the time you're through with the cleansing, you've lost a few pounds. In other words, don't believe the advertisements for colon cleansing where they talk about losing 25 pounds of black sludge, or whatever it is. It ain't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment